Submersible Flat Cables, as the name suggests, are designed such that they are able to function or provide electric power below the water or in wet condition. This property is given by the plastic and rubber coating around the cables, which provides protection against oil, grease or any other compounds which poses a threat to the functioning of the cable in water or wet condition. Before you finalise these submersible flat cables for your project, make sure you are consulting one of the leading manufacturers of submersible flat cable India so that you get the best!
Properties – These come with well conductible aluminium or copper coatings insulated by polyvinyl chloride and are non-toxic in nature. These are designed to function under water and hence they are considered for pumps in all circumstances. The properties that make it function flawlessly under water can be summarized as below:
- Their physical and chemical composition is such that they are capable of functioning under water and moist conditions while electric current passes through them. Also, these cables are so built that oil, grease and other liquid particles are not able to damage the cables outer or inner surface in any way.
- These submersible flat cables are available in both Single and Multiple conductors.
- They are available in different shapes and sizes as per the requirement.
- These are generally considered for control wires and power conductors for the motor of the running water pump.
- The biggest advantage is that the different conductors are differentiate based on different colours so that they can be identified easily, while the common ones are Rubber core cables and PVC Core cables among the rest.
Industries where Submersible Flat Cables are used – The next best applications after being used for water pumps are that of underground mining, irrigation systems and drilling works.
Types of Submersible Flat Cables – There are different types of submersible flat cables available in the market, you need to select the one which is best suited to your project after consulting with the leading dealer and manufacturer who will be able to guide you on the desirable properties and material along with the shape and size. The commonly used Submersible Flat Cables can be categorized as below:
- Three Core Flat Submersible Cables – These are stronger, since they are made from quality electrolytic copper and its conductors are insulated with special grade PVC and outer cover is abrasion resistant due to the presence of PVC compounds.
- Flat Submersible Cables – These are the general ones used in winding of submersible pump motors which come with the features of a rugged structure and able to withstand high temperature.
- Pump Submersible Cables – These are designed such that they can be submersed deep, like in a deep well. These are available in sizes ranging from 1.5 square mm to 50 square mm and are able to fight moisture, abrasion, grease and oil and also has a long shelf life. Their string physical and mechanical properties along with strength and durability makes them well suited for Automobile industries, Shipbuilding, Transport, Steel Plants, Railways, Refineries, Oil fields, Automatic Welding Robots, Construction and Coal Mines.
Make sure you are consulting the leading manufacturer so that you receive the best product which is tested and comply with the quality standards.